Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: According to a new study, driverless cars like the one being developed by Google might actually increase energy use and traffic because people who now take public transit will make the switch. Do you agree?
Blog Entry February 29, 2016
- New poll: According to the U.S. PIRG Education Fund, an increasing number of young Americans are making the decision to drive less. Some state lawmakers are saying a shift in strategy, one that supports transit and bike lanes, is needed. Do you agree?
- New poll: A few Va. lawmakers want to erase a new $64 road tax on those who operate hybrid or electric vehicles. Their argument is those who drive green are doing their part to save the environment, and should not be charged. Do you agree?
- New poll: The Washington state Senate rejected a proposal that would have raised the gas tax 10.5 cents and generated $10 billion. Senators would like the bill to focus more on congestion relief. Do you agree?
- New poll: A bill that would have allowed solo drivers in southern Calif. to use car-pool lanes during off-peak hours was rejected, even though it is allowed in northern Calif. The governor cited environmental and freeway-use concerns. Do you agree?
- New poll: Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed a bill that would have turned a carpool lane on I-80 to a normal one during a.m. and p.m. rush hours. He claimed the bill goes in the wrong direction. Do you agree?