The National Asphalt Pavement Association and the Federal Highway
Administration are sponsoring a national HMA Energy & Recycling Symposium on
Oct. 22-23 in Austin, Texas.
The two-day conference will focus on materials and energy issues affecting
the production and price of hot-mix asphalt (HMA). It will offer a variety
of engaging sessions on topics that may affect the future of HMA pavements.
Topic will include:
- Energy savings and asphalt recycling for tomorrow;
- Asphalt supply: What can we expect down the line?
- Aggregate issues: Ensuring a steady supply of the materials needed for
today’s high-performance mixes;
- DOT and FHWA perspectives on recycling;
- Plant processing strategies to help boost the use of RAP;
- Saving energy through plant efficiency;
- Reducing transportation costs;
- Reducing the cost of drying aggregates;
- Mix design for HMA recycling;
- Selecting the most cost-effective mix for the project;
- Polymers in recycling;
- Warm-mix asphalt and recycling;
- Rubblization and perpetual pavements; and
- The new design guide for high RAP content HMA mixes.
For more information on the symposium, go to www.hotmix.org or call 888-468-6499.