The program and speakers for the Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgias (ITS Georgia) annual meeting have been announced. "The Business of ITS" is the focus of the meeting being held Oct. 35 at the Brasstown Valley Resort in Young Harris, Ga.
"We have an excellent program and slate of speakers for this years annual meeting," said Dr. John Leonard, president of ITS Georgia. "This meeting brings together developers and users of ITS technology to improve the safety and performance of our transportation systems."
Topics to be covered include:
* ITS Performance Monitoring: The objective of this session is to inform ITS Georgia members that good operations start with knowing performance goals and working to achieve these targets.
* ITS Business Planning: This session explores developing a business plan for the continued operation of ITS systems in Georgia and nationally.
* ITS Maintenance and Operations: State, authority and county officials and consultants review real-world challenges and successes of operating ITS programs.
* ITS and Government: GDOT board members and staff, as well as representatives from GRTA and ITS America will discuss the status of ITS in Georgia and the implementation of Vision Zero.
* ITS Operations Experience Sharing: See and hear what selected ITS programs around the country are doing to improve their service and operations.
Other activities include poster presentations, the announcement of new ITS Georgia officers and directors and the recipient of the annual Larry R. Dreihaup Award for leadership, professionalism and dedication in promoting ITS in the state of Georgia.
Visit www.itsga.org to register for the annual meeting.