The American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) is seeking nominations for its 12th Annual Young Executive Development Program (YEDP), to be held May 8-10 in Washington, D.C.
The YEDP is designed to develop future leaders. It offers young executives an intensive three-day introduction to the federal legislative and regulatory processes that affect the transportation construction industry.
Participants will be introduced to the role of trade associations in the policy-making process and how leadership in their trade association can not only benefit their industry but also their own careers. YEDP fellows will lobby their congressional delegates on industry-related topics in conjunction with the 2007 ARTBA "Federal Issues Program" and Transportation Construction Coalition Fly-In.
Nearly 250 young executives from 154 companies, public agencies and state contractor organizations in 37 states have completed the program over the past 11 years. Several past participants are now serving on the ARTBA board of directors.
• Admission to the YEDP is competitive and is limited to 20 participants;
• Nominees should be under 40 years of age, though exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis; and
• Nominees should have at least three years experience in the transportation construction industry, have made a significant contribution to the work of his or her firm and shown evidence of strong leadership potential for the industry.
• To be considered for admission to the YEDP, candidates must be nominated by a sponsor and submit a completed application form and a 1-to-2 page statement describing his or her reasons for applying.
• A letter of nomination and recommendation written by a principal of the firm, a senior executive within the governmental agency, or a senior level faculty member at the university that employs the applicant must accompany each application.
Applications must be received at The ARTBA Building in Washington, D.C., by Friday, March 9, 2007. To obtain a copy of the application form, contact ARTBA at 202/289-4434 or go online to www.artbatdf.org. Members of the 2007 YEDP will be selected by the end of March.