The American Public Works Association (APWA) recently designated 22 candidates as Certified Public Fleet Professionals (CPFP). The group is the first to be certified under the new credentialing program, which was launched by APWA in September as part of a series of professional development initiatives promoting excellence in the public works industry.
"APWA's first Certified Public Fleet Professionals should be congratulated on their outstanding accomplishment," APWA President Bill Verkest said. "Their professionalism, expertise and personal dedication to advancing public works services in their community highlight their leadership as fleet professionals."
The role of the public fleet operation has evolved over the years from providing high-quality, low-cost repair service to asset management and related business functions. The Public Fleet Professional Certification program is designed to ensure individual competency and provide the public works industry with recognized hiring and promotion standards. The first CPFP examination was administered on April 21 in St. Paul, Minn.
Certified Public Fleet Professionals include:
- Byron Browning, CPFP, Manager, Coconino County Public Works, Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Gord Dodd, CPFP, Director-Fleet Support, City of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Don P. Fitzgerald, CPFP, Maintenance Supervisor, City of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Gary M. Giudice, CPFP, Parts and Materials Manager, City of Rochester, N.Y.
- George S. Hrichak, CPFP, Director Central Fleet, City of Chesapeake, Va.
- John S. Hunt, CPFP, Fleet Manager, City of Portland, Ore.
- Gene Jakubczak, CPFP, Fleet Services Director, City of Spokane, Wash.
- John L. Keene, CPFP, Manager, KSL Services, San Juan Pueblo, N.M.
- Samuel P. Lamerato, CPFP, Superintendent-Motor Pool, City of Troy, Mich.
- James L. Landolt, CPFP, Fleet Systems Coordinator, City of Springfield, Mo.
- Ken Lange, CPFP, Fleet Services Superintendent, Village of Lisle, Ill.
- Robert E. Martimo, CPFP, Highway Division Superintendent, St. Louis County, Duluth, Minn.
- Louis J. Miller, II, CPFP, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, Village of Wellington, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Ted Phillips, CPFP, Fleet Service Division Manager, City of Salisbury, N.C.
- Michael J. Reynolds, CPFP, Superintendent of Maintenance, Village of Arlington Heights, Ill.
- Jim Schaad, CPFP, Fleet Manager, City of Fresno, Calif.
- Jobst D. Schulte, CPFP, Fleet Manager, City of Moline, Ill.
- Steven Stewart, CPFP, Garage Manager, City of Lawrence, Kan.
- Mark Stinson, CPFP, Fleet Manager, City of Lee's Summit, Mo.
- Sharon Subadan, CPFP, Department Director, Hillsborough County Fleet Management, Tampa, Fla.
- John VanDelinder, CPFP, Street Department Superintendent, City of Bozeman, Mont.
- Richard William Zambroski, CPFP, Equipment Maintenance Manager, Baltimore County Government, Glen Arm, Md.