Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
NEW POLL: Vt. Transportation Secretary Sue Minter stated that a vehicle miles traveled tax deserves serious study as an alternative to the gas tax no one wants to take responsibility for. Would such a tax be viable nationwide?
Blog Entry June 22, 2015
- NEW POLL: Mass. governor Baker recently opposed a Fed-sponsored vehicle-miles traveled tax pilot program. Bad choice? Would this not be a sound alternative to a gas tax boost for generating state revenue?
- New poll: A group of Maryland lawmakers want to place an amendment on the November ballot that would eliminate a state law that triggers increases in the gas tax when inflation rises. If it does make it on the ballot, will voters approve?
- New poll: The Washington state Senate rejected a proposal that would have raised the gas tax 10.5 cents and generated $10 billion. Senators would like the bill to focus more on congestion relief. Do you agree?
- New poll: Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed a bill that would have turned a carpool lane on I-80 to a normal one during a.m. and p.m. rush hours. He claimed the bill goes in the wrong direction. Do you agree?
- New poll: Missouri voters rejected a proposed sales-tax increase that would have generated $5.4 billion in road and bridge funding over the next 10 years. Are you surprised it was turned down?