Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
You are here
New poll: Now that Missouri voters have rejected a slight increase in the state sales tax to generate more money for road and bridge work, what should be the next move?
August 18, 2014
- New poll: Missouri voters rejected a proposed sales-tax increase that would have generated $5.4 billion in road and bridge funding over the next 10 years. Are you surprised it was turned down?
- New poll: Va. Gov. Bob McDonnell unveiled a plan to wipe out the state gas tax in favor of a.8% increase in a sales tax dedicated to transportation. Do you think Va. lawmakers will approve the move?
- New poll: The Washington state Senate rejected a proposal that would have raised the gas tax 10.5 cents and generated $10 billion. Senators would like the bill to focus more on congestion relief. Do you agree?
- New poll: Va. Gov. Robert McDonnell wants to take money marked for education and move it over for transportation improvements. What do you think about this move?
- New poll: Lawmakers in Massachusetts increased the gas tax last year, but last week voters repealed the action of indexing the gas tax to inflation. The state will lose millions. What is the chance the tax will be upped again to make up the difference?