Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Michigan is searching for ways to increase funding for roads, bridges and transit. One offbeat solution is to lower the weight limits on roads, and charge carriers a business tax surcharge. What do you think?
Blog Entry February 25, 2013
- New poll: A new funding strategy, called investment public-private partnership, would lock away a large upfront cash payment from an investor in a fund that would pay an annual dividend to all households in the region of the new road. What do you think?
- ROADS/BRIDGES: Weight limits for farm trucks could be lifted in Mo.
- New poll: Traffic deaths went up in 2012. Some states believe putting the number of fatalities on variable message boards helps the cause. What do you think?
- New poll: Concerns have been raised about the Trump administration’s plans for funding road and bridge projects in rural areas through P3s, as lower-populated areas may struggle to generate revenue. Are P3s a good solution for rural projects?
- New poll: Va. Gov. Robert McDonnell wants to take money marked for education and move it over for transportation improvements. What do you think about this move?