Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Lawmakers in Massachusetts increased the gas tax last year, but last week voters repealed the action of indexing the gas tax to inflation. The state will lose millions. What is the chance the tax will be upped again to make up the difference?
Blog Entry November 10, 2014
- New poll: A group of Maryland lawmakers want to place an amendment on the November ballot that would eliminate a state law that triggers increases in the gas tax when inflation rises. If it does make it on the ballot, will voters approve?
- New poll: Va. Gov. Bob McDonnell unveiled a plan to wipe out the state gas tax in favor of a.8% increase in a sales tax dedicated to transportation. Do you think Va. lawmakers will approve the move?
- Voters in California reject gas tax repeal
- New poll: Which has a better chance of passing to help transportation funding in Iowa: a 10-cent increase in the gas tax, a tax on marijuana and fireworks or earmarking 2% of the state general fund?
- New poll: Several states are considering taxing green cars to compensate for lost gas taxes. The opposition says the tax conflicts with the policy goal of encouraging fuel efficiency. Do you think the measures will be enacted?