Bill Wilson is the editorial director of ROADS & BRIDGES magazine and has been covering the industry since 1999. He has won seven Robert F. Boger Awards for editorial excellence, including three in 2011. He also was the creator of the Top 10, Contractor's Choice Awards and Recycling Awards platforms, as well as ROADS & BRIDGES Live.
New poll: Despite the passage of the FAST Act, many state DOTs are still hurting for highway funding. Can we expect to see another round of state gas tax and user fee increases?
Blog Entry June 13, 2016
- NEW POLL: Obama, after signing the Fast Act, said more is still needed. Will Congress go further to shore up road & bridge funding, or is their job done (for now)?
- NEW POLL: Despite federal support, many states, such as Illinois, are looking to cut Amtrak funding. As a national service, should Amtrak receive priority regarding transit funding initiatives?
- NEW POLL: A recent Senate proposal would strip away $2.2B in highway program funds. Would doing so effectively hamstring the FAST Act, and what will it take for Congress to finally accept the necessity of ample road/bridge funding?
- NEW POLL: Despite what looks to be confirmation of a long-term federal funding bill, states such as Alabama are still trying to implement state-level gas tax increases to pay for roads and bridges. Is this a wise or necessary means...?
- NEW POLL: Several states have passed gas tax increases over the past year to augment transportation funding, since the Fed can’t seem to corral support for a federal tax increase. Can states sustain their ability to keep up backlogs by these measures...